Pi-Radio is looking to hire a top FPGA + Embedded Systems engineer. Some knowledge of wireless DSP is a plus, but is not strictly required. Please see the job description. Folks from traditionally under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a full-time engineer with the following qualifications and skills:
• Education: MS / PhD preferred, but we are also open to highly motivated undergrads with FPGA and research experience;
• Very proficient with FPGA systems design, Verilog/VHDL programming, and embedded systems (Zynq) design and implementation (preferably with the Xilinx RFSoC);
• Experienced working with SDR systems, and contributing code to shared wireless testbeds and/or GitHub;
• Proficient with MATLAB, Python, C++.
You would be a great fit if you are:
• Passionate about experimental wireless research;
• Keen to take ownership and responsibility for delivering significant chunks of fairly complex projects;
• Values rigor and eschews engineering short-cuts;
• Committed to nurturing and supporting our customers while they learn how to use our SDR products, get up to speed, and finally produce impressive research products;
• Understanding that being an early startup employee involves not only engineering work, but also sharing responsibilities related to grant writing and business development. In other words, we are not looking for “just an engineer”. We are looking for someone who will be like a technical co-founder.
If this vision of democratizing experimental mmWave research sounds exciting to you, and feel that you might be the right fit, we would love to hear from you! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Your resume/CV;
• Link to your GitHub page, demonstrating relevant research and development experience;
• Any other information that demonstrates that systems you have built, and code you have produced, are being used by others in their research (or for education).
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. Pi-Radio values equity, diversity, and inclusion; we especially encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.